About The Institute
The KMCH College of Nursing took its inception in the year 1993 as the first educational institution of Kovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust. Now, the KMCH College of Nursing is blossomed into a full pledged Post graduate institution par excellence. The college is attached to the Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, which is a 1000 bed multi disciplinary super speciality hospital. The Hospital is a well known Health Center in the Southern part of India.
Vision & Mission
The Mission and Vision of KMCH College of Nursing is to offer graduate and postgraduate Nursing programme of high academic excellence by facilitating continuous growth and all round development of the students and faculty. As a constituent college of Kovai Medical Center Research and Educational Trust, we promote research in Nursing actively by kindling the spirit of inquiry and innovation among students and faculty.
- 2013 - Introduction of Ph.D in Medical Surgical Nursing.
- 2013 - Commencement of Post Basic Diploma in critical care Nursing, Post Basic Diploma in Emergency & disaster Nursing.
- 2010 – Enhancement of M.Sc. (Nursing) annual intake from 20 to 40.
- 2010 – Approval for starting Post Basic Diploma in critical care Nursing, Post Basic Diploma in Emergency & disaster Nursing was obtained from Indian Nursing Council, Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council and CMAI Board.
- 2010 – Introduction of Post Basic B.Sc(Nursing).
- 2010 – Starting of Psychiatric Nursing speciality.
- 2008 – Enhancement of B.Sc(Nursing) annual intake from 50 to 100
- 2006 – Inauguration of NSS unit at our college.
- 2005 – Conferred the ISO 9001:2000 certification for complying with the highest standards in providing International educational quality in Nursing education
- 2004– Decinnial year celebration with competition, conference.
- 1999 – Commencement of M.Sc. (Nursing) programme at KMCH College of Nursing in four specialties viz.,
Medical - Surgical Nursing
Child Health Nursing
Community Health Nursing
- 1993 – Commencement of B.Sc (Nursing) programme at KMCH College of Nursing with 50 annual intake.